Updated: December 2019
Aerie’s corporate and product Sites are intended for U.S. audiences only. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information relating to you as an individual (“Personal Information”) that you provide through the Sites will be processed in the United States, whose data protection laws may not be as stringent than those of the county in which you are located.
1. What information do we collect and process about you?
1.1 Information you give us
We collect information that you submit to us through the Sites. This information generally includes Personal Information such as your name, your postal and email addresses, your telephone and fax numbers, and any additional information you submit. We treat as Personal Information any information you provide in connection with your name or email address, including the contents of your messages, your questions and comments, and any other identifiers you provide.
1.2 Information we collect automatically
With regards to each of your visits to any of our Sites we may collect the following information automatically:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from the Site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
2. What cookies do we use?
Some of the cookies we use are required for the operation of our Sites (“essential cookies”). They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Sites. Other cookies are used to help us improve the way the Sites work or understand your usage of our Sites by tracking frequency of visits, duration of visit or other data.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
3. How do we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information:
- to respond to any questions or comments you submit to us
- to take steps to address any concerns that you raise with us
- to ensure that we are providing you with the information that you seek, or stop sending you emails or information by other means that you tell us you no longer wish to receive
- to process any job application that you may submit to us through our Sites
- for the stated purpose upon which we requested the information from you, such as advertising, newsletters, participation in activities or corporate updates
4. With what third parties may we share your Personal Information?
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- With any member of our corporate group or affiliates for any purpose
- With analytics and search engine providers so they may assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Sites
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Aerie or its assets, we may transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to the acquiring party or assignee
- As we believe to be appropriate: (i) when required by applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (iv) to enforce the terms and conditions for use of the Sites, including this Policy; (v) to protect and defend our rights and property; (vi) to protect the interests of Aerie or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain
We do not sell Personal Information and we do not share Personal Information with non-affiliated entities for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
5. How can you manage Personal Information we maintain about you?
To keep your Personal Information accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified in Section 12 below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via our Site.
6. How do we secure your Personal Information?
Data integrity and security are important to Aerie. Aerie takes steps to ensure information provided to us is stored in secure systems. We also take steps to implement certain safeguards to protect data. However, Aerie cannot guarantee 100% data security, as the transmission of information via the Internet may not be completely secure. Accordingly, any transmission by you of information to us is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable procedures and security features to try to prevent any unauthorised access.
Also, we may retain Personal Information about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy.
7. May children use the Sites?
Aerie’s Sites are not directed at children. The services offered on our Sites are not designed for individuals who are under the age of 13 years old. For more information about protecting the privacy of children online in the United States under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, please see http://www.ftc.gov/ogc/coppa1.htm (last accessed December 2019).
If your child has submitted Personal Information and you would like to request that such information be removed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Are there risks if I access third-party websites from the Sites?
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites.
If you follow a link to, or share something on, any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the privacy policies and practices of any such third parties, which are not governed by this Policy.
9. Special rights for persons located in the European Economic Area
If you are located in the European Union and we process any of your Personal Information to which the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, or any of its nationally implementing or equivalent legislation (“GDPR”) applies, this Policy describes your specific rights related to that processing, and Aerie shall be the data controller in respect of such processing.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), to the extent that the GDPR applies to Aerie’s processing of your Personal Information, you may have the following rights in relation to that Personal Information:
- to correct any Personal Information that we hold about you
- to have your Personal Information removed under certain circumstances unless continued processing is necessary by law
- to have the processing of your Personal Information restricted where you dispute its accuracy, if you think its processing is unlawful, or if you otherwise object to its processing, or when Aerie Pharmaceuticals no longer needs your Personal Information and you need it in relation to a legal claim
- to receive copies of your Personal Information under certain circumstances
- to complain to your national data protection regulator if you feel that any of your Personal Information is not being processed in accordance with the GDPR
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as specified in Section 12 below.
10. Special Rights of California Residents
California residents who submit Personal Information to Aerie may have certain protections afforded them pursuant to the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), which includes a right of access to and a right to request deletion of their data. For more information regarding any rights you may have as a resident of California, please read Aerie’s Privacy Notice for California Residents.
If you are a resident of California and have questions regarding your Personal Information or would like to submit a request, you can contact us at https://aeriepharma.com/caliresident or 1-833-ACE-AERI (1-833-223-2374).
This Policy is effective as of December 2019. Aerie may update this Policy periodically and at any time. Aerie reserves the right to modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time at our sole discretion. Any changes to the Policy will become effective upon the date of our posting of the revised Policy on the Sites. We encourage you to review the Policy each time you visit our Sites. If you visit any of the Sites following the effective date of the revised Policy, you will be deemed to have accepted the Policy’s updated terms.
This Policy and use of Aerie Sites are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights in or on behalf of any individual or organization.
12. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Policy, its implementation, the accuracy of your Personal Information, or the use of the information collected, please contact us at:
Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
550 Hills Drive
Bedminster, New Jersey 07921
Attention: Chief Compliance Officer
or email us at email@example.com or through the “Contact Us” portion of our Sites.